Frequently Asked Questions About Immigrating to Canada

Author: Great Start Canada Immigration & Education Consulting Inc. | | Categories: Canada Student Immigration , Education Agency Winnipeg , Education Consultant Canada , Education Consulting Winnipeg , Immigrate To Winnipeg , Immigration Consultant , Work in Canada , Work Visa Canada


Moving to Canada to start a new life is exciting for the whole family. However, if you’re not familiar with the immigration laws, you may have tons of questions about the process but may find it tricky to get all the answers that you’re seeking.

So, to ensure you have all your doubts cleared, Great Start Canada Immigration & Education Consulting Inc., has answered some of the most frequently asked questions about immigration.

1. Do I need to certify my knowledge of English or French to immigrate to Canada?
In most cases, yes, however, it’s always recommended to have a language test score. For immigration applications, the IELTS - General version and CELPIP exam are accepted options.

2. How much money do I need to immigrate to Canada?
It depends on the type of immigration program. Each program has financial requirements that you must meet to qualify.

3. Is there an age limit to immigrate to Canada?
Most immigration programs have an age limit. In many cases, candidates who are forty-nine years old and over have limited options to immigrate.

4. If I have been living illegally in the USA, does this make me ineligible to apply for immigration to Canada?
Not necessarily, however, in most cases, it’s recommended to go back to your country of nationality and apply from there. Among many factors, you will also need to explain to the visa officer why you stayed illegally in another country, and how you will comply with the Canadian laws.

5. Does having family members living in Canada help me with my immigration process?
It depends on the immigration program. Some provincial nominee programs require you to have a connection to the province in which having a family member can be that connection. According to the Immigration Act and Regulations, a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident can sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, their children, and children of their children, including adopted children. There is also a specific program for sponsoring parents and grandparents.

6. How can I work in Canada legally?
To work in Canada legally, you must qualify to obtain a work permit or be exempt from getting one. A positive or neutral Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is the main requirement before an employer can hire a Temporary Foreign Worker.

7. Is it true that the Canadian government pays you for having children?
The Canadian government provides financial help to the families of Canadians and Permanent Residents who have children under eighteen years old. The amount per family gets calculated based on household income.

8. Is it true that the Canadian government is looking to attract newcomers to establish in Canada? 
While it’s true that the Canadian government is looking to welcome new immigrants, every candidate must qualify for one of the immigration programs available. There are federal programs managed by the Express Entry system as well as Provincial Nominee Programs.

If you have any more questions about immigration, get in touch with the experts at Great Start Canada Immigration & Education Consulting Inc. As specialists in immigration, Winnipeg, MB, we strive to provide our clients with impeccable immigration consultancy.

Our immigration services include temporary residency, permanent residency, and citizenship, while we also offer education and employment immigration services to our clients.

We serve clients across Winnipeg, Selkirk, Niverville, Stonewall, Brandon, Steinbach, Oakbank, and the surrounding areas.

To learn more about how we can help you, please click here or contact us by clicking here